Wednesday, January 20, 2016

{PerfectOneTwentyFive}

So it's been awhile since I've updated my thought & life. I've just been a bit busy. 

Recap: I got engaged. Yes! Well that's what I was supposed to say, pretty sure I just mumbled letters as he out the ring on my finger. But in 65 days, I am going to be Mrs. Joseph Davis. Exciting right? Well it is for me. 



So my abscene is due to the fact that I am crazy busy. While waiting tables during the day, I'm going crazy with my princess business & getting all kinds & sorts of gigs & events. It's great to see things really flying. 

My busyness has led me to go almost a little insane. Sleeping poorly, not keeping a regulated diet, super hard lack of exercise. My life is kind of falling into a mess all while I'm supposed to be the most organized I have ever been. 

So, I've dedicated this post to me taking a breather to sit down & write. 

Wedding planning is going great. My mom & Aunt Lori are so helpful. My family is supportive & my fiancĂ© is absolutely the best man. We've got a date & venues. My dad is ready to start building & designing to make our ceremony beautiful. Flowers are ordered, The Dress is almost finished with alterations, Joe looks so good in his new suit and shoes. We've got ties and earrings. I'm working with our caterer this week & crafting out the wazoo. 



Seriously, weddings are so much fun to me. I've always enjoyed them. I can remember when I was younger going to my cousins' weddings or people my parents knew, & when I wasn't a flower girl, I would always try to sit on the end of aisle. My favorite part was to have the bride's dress trail over my feet as she walked down the aisle. For some reason, that moment was so magical. 

As I've grown, & played the role of bridesmaid or maid-of-honor in my friend & sisters weddings, I have grown to see the magic in the grooms face as he sees his bride for the first time. Or the weepy happiness in a fathers eyes as he gives his daughter away. Crazy how one day can leave so many different elements of magic all over the place. There's magic in the dressing room as the bridesmaids all laugh & playfully tease so to ease the bride's nerves. 

I brag about my soon-to-be husband to people I wait on at work. I show off the beautiful ring he picked out, I tell them "He's alright. He'll do for now." But they know I mean more. Because he deserves more of a beautiful description. I'm not easy to deal with or handle at times. I can still get moody, upset, frustrated, he deals with me when I'm purposefully annoying him & trying to get a rise out of him. He's got patience & I lose count of how many times a day I hear the phrase, "I love you." People tell him he is lucky to have a catch like me, they're right, but they're also wrong. I'm the lucky one. I got the prize. Never would I thought that I could fall so hard for someone else, love as purely as I love Joe.

He's my absolute favorite person to spend my days with. 



I'm the lucky one. Joe brings an uncanning amount of joy to my life. He makes me laugh, he laughs at me. Joe knows how to cheer me up & how to level my head. 

I bet everyone has heard the saying, "When you know, you know." Well, it's so true. Funny because I was beyond against Joe at the beginning. Scared of what people would think of me & my decisions or choice in judgement.  But what I wasn't aware of was the amazing man God placed into my life when we both were at difficult & uncertain times. I just want to go back in time & tell myself to let go of my heart & hand it over to him, because he's the best one fit to guard it.

Love is beautiful. I hope everyone can experience just once in their life someone who fully & selflessly understands them.

Follow our love story & fairytale at www.theknot.com/us/PerfectOneTwentyFive or watch my page for wedding updates, pictures or just more snippets of my bragging on my Joe. 



Peace & love.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment