Friday, July 6, 2012

{this one's for my daddy}

As said by the wise Pink Lady, Frenchie, "The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy." & I couldn't put that better myself.

Today, I would like to honor my dad, not only because he is a great person & has taken great care of me & brought me up loving the Lord, but because it's his birthday! Old man, you're turning into, an old man, & though your red hair is thinning & fading, that's okay, I still love you regardless.

My dad has always been my hero. Making me feel better when I'm upset, telling me I look pretty in my prom dress, crying when he would hear my contest solos. Making me feel special more than any other boy could ever do.

Dad, you got lucky, with four pretty awesome girls & a stinky little son {luckily you got that boy in the end to keep you sane in a house full of hormones & to take over my chores}. We all appreciate the way you work to keep our family stable a & the way you have let us all grow up to be who we want to be. You've always supported us in all of our activities, not matter how dumb you thought they were. You & Mom have taught us that Christ's love is greater than anything we could ever have on earth & that no matter what, He will never fail us. So thanks, Dad, for being such an example to us all. & as we grow up & move out, we will miss our favorite guy. So I'm just gunna say:

Dear Daddy,

No matter where I go in life, who I get married to, how much time I spent with guys, how much I love my boyfriend, you'll always be my number 1 man.

Love always,
Your little girl

I love you & happy birthday!


Peace & love
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment