Friday, December 14, 2012

{1 Down, 7 To Go}

Well, I now can successfully say I completed my fist semester of college. Just like my good friend, Martin Callen said, "That was college, huh? I could do that 7 more times." What a kid! He is great! I want to start off by saying all praise be to God for putting me at York, & a major thank you to my parents & grandparents who supported me while I study there. I am so blessed with the opportunity to be at a school where I get to feel so much love every single day. I have met so many beautiful, loving, & caring people in the past four months, & it truly has been a blessing to have their support & love every time I leave my dorm room. York has been such a blessing to me & has helped me grow spiritually & mentally. Though there were some challenges, revelations, ups & downs, tears & laughter, I can honestly say, this is where I belong. God knew exactly what He had in mind for me when I moved away August 15th, 2012.

In the short few months that I have been here, York has taught me so many things, helped me to grow up, & helped me to focus my life. I have heard so many great chapel speakers (Ramses, Macy, Pres. Eckman, Dr. Mountjoy, & so many others) & I've heard plenty of beautiful devos & stories of how God is working everyday in someone's life. I've seen the students & faculty come together in times of need to help out Leo & the Caranza family, & just showering people in prayer when they need it the most, or don't think they need it at all. GOD IS SO GOOD! The Lord really has blessed me with this opportunity of learning & I know over the next three & a half years, He will continue to bless me & guide me. Learning to give God control is one of the best lessons I could have ever learned, & I'm so grateful I did. Getting to feel His love & compassion when I wake up in the morning, ready to face each day as a new experience & adventure, is the best feeling ever. No matter how crummy I may feel, or how awful I may look, God will continue to love me & watch out for me. I cannot wait to see how He will use me & where He will lead me!

I hope that all of you one day will be able to feel the love that God has showered upon me over this entire first semester. "Do not fear, for I am with you." -Isaiah 41:10

"Inside is a weak heart, but behind it is a strong God."

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good!


Peace & love
B.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Levi! :) Love you and miss you! See you in a month co-senator!

      Delete
  2. I like your sentiments :) Too bad you had to go back to CB before I got here

    ReplyDelete