Tuesday, March 5, 2013

{I am NOT afraid}

"Jesus is my best friend, Jesus is my best friend, Jesus is my best friend, I am not afraid." At such a young age, I was taught this song in Sunday Bible school class. He is my night light. Jesus is my rock. But most importantly my best friend. I was taught not to be afraid because He would always be there just like any best friend would. God's love will always be the love I will fall back on & will always be the most accountable. People will fail me, but my God will not. He will always be there, & I do not need to worry. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. & the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts & minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

With life comes stress & worry. But we must cast our burdens upon the Lord, & He will give us peace. He will show us love. If we were to worry about our spiritual lives as much as we do our physical lives, can you imagine where our relationship with God would go? Can you imagine the extents it would reach & how you would bless His name with your every action, word, & thought? If we spent half the amount of time we do worrying about money or what other people thought of us, & utilized that time to bring honor & glory to our Lord & Savior, our spiritual lives would be in much better health than what they are now. I know that i spend the majority of my time worrying about what others think of me. I'm constantly wanted to be accepted  be pretty enough, smart enough, strong enough, skinny enough, the list goes on & on of me wanting people to see all of the physical attributes I possess & I don't focus on letting my light shine for Him, but I try to make it shine for myself. I have become a self-righteous person, but heyyo, let's look at Proverbs 26:12 "Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool, than for him." Whoa. Deep stuff there.

We worry about tomorrow. We worry about yesterday. & we worry about the future. By why? What makes us so scared? When we have a God who is for us, who will be against us? {Romans 8:31} We don't need to worry, God has got our back!

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from my trouble & surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 91:15. Boom, God is there, He will always be there. We shouldn't worry about our worldly lives, but our spiritual ones. It is through Jesus that we make it to Heaven, not through the impressions we make on other people. So don't worry, God has a plan.

Peace & love.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment