Saturday, October 26, 2013

{Sister Dear}

Today I got to sing the National Anthem for the last game that I will ever get to see my sister play. Though, I grew up hating that stupid sport, I grew up to be your biggest fan. The way you've pushed through pain, frustration, irritation, & disappointment has been so inspiring. I can now see why you love the game so much.



I'm going to miss watching to run around in circles & I'll be sad when I don't hear your loud screams on the field. I'll miss the "power point" we shoot each other when your name is called, those sister moments that no one notices. Your gross, green headband helped me to pick you out on the field. But if you for some reason lost that, then I always knew that #15 was you.



Serving as captain for two years is a great honor, & you've humbly held it. You were always looking out for your teammates and ready to push on to the next game, whether it followed a W or L.

I couldn't have been more proud to be your sister on Homecoming when you walked across the field as court royalty, as a senior, & knocked in that great goal. I've never celebrated more that what I did when you scored.



I love you, Jordan. I'm sad to see you be done with this phase of your life, but I know it brought you so much joy. You've got one more game, then you'll lace up your cleats, & even though we aren't going to see it, I know you'll put your whole heart into it. I can't ask for a better role model or bigger supporter. God sure did bless me with a great big sister like you.


Love,
BooBoo

No comments:

Post a Comment