Sunday, November 17, 2013

{Commitment}

I would like to wish my parents a happy 24th wedding anniversary today. I wish I could be at home to give them each a hug & kiss, but due to being a "big girl" a college, that won't be happening, unfortunately. Hopefully, Maddogg5, Tay, and Thad, can give enough to make up mine & Jordy's absence. Through all my life, m parents, have been my rock, stronghold, wisest advisers, biggest supporters, & gave me more than all I ever wanted or needed. Someone was there at everything we all did, from soccer games to choir performances. Never did I have to wonder about my parents making it on time, because they always were there, ready to applaud us whether we sucked or rocked!




My daddy works harder than any other man I have ever met. He has the work ethic to finish ever project.Growing up with seven people under one roof, my siblings & I never went to bed hungry or without anything we didn't need. My dad works so incredibly hard, harder than any of his other co-workers. Even when it was only Jordan & I around, my dad bought us the toys we didn't need, the dresses that my thought would look cute on us.  He is highly regarded in our home church congregation & has more knowledge than anyone I know on any subject. He can fix any tractor or car problem, helps people when they are in needed, always striving to serve others. I've never seen my dad take a sick day or not put someone else before himself. His selfless, kind heart is something I really admire. Though none of us have that bright red hair, {except for my dyed color} we all have traits that he carries, ones that he passed on or taught us, even if he didn't do it one purpose. Thad is like my dad in more ways than us girls, but he's lucky, because he has a great man to look up to. I've learned how a man should treat his wife & children based off of my dad's example, & I will settle for no less than that. I may not know who I will be marrying someday, but I know who will be walking me down the aisle, who who will make me cry the most that day. Thank you, Daddy, I love you.

My beautiful, lovely mom was a stay at home mom for most of my life. My mom gave up everything she ever knew & was familiar with to move up to Iowa & live on the Kinney family farm with my dad & learned the role as a farm wife.She made it to all the school concerts, elementary class parties & field trips. Never missed a first day of school picture. Even with five kids, she made time for all of us. Made us a birthday cake on every birthday, monkey bread on every Christmas. Everyday she pours her heart & soul into us. Taught us to be lovely girls, & raised a sweet, and gentle son. My mom most importantly taught us how to laugh. She's always been so forgiving, even when she doesn't always need to be. From my mom's example, my sisters & I have learned how to be hospitable & how to care for someone on a greater level. Not only did my mom take on the full-time mothering job, but once my brother started school, she went back to school herself to get a nursing degree, & because of that, she is able to help my sister & I pay for school so that we can a Christian education. My mom wipes butts on the regular to give us the extra edge on lie so that we can go on to bigger, better things.

From all of the boyfriends that we've brought home over the years, they've smiled, or laughed, or rolled their eyes, but in the end, taught us to choose wisely, because marriage is for life, & my parents have been a great example of what that commitment looks like. My mom wears the earrings my dad got her for a wedding gift, 24 years later.


For 21 years, my mom waited for new siding on our old farmhouse, & my dad finally gave her her wish. Just recently, my mom finally got her kitchen remodel that she's been waiting for.
In Miranda Lambert's song, House That Built Me, there's a line that goes:
"Mama cut out pictures of houses for years, from 'Better Home & Garden' magazine. Plans were drawn, concrete pour, & nail by nail,& board by board Daddy gave life to Mama's dream."
Which is more than true. My favorite dogs are buried in the yard, while my two newest puppies run around, fat & happy.

The best thing that my parents could've ever done was raise me in such a great church. They've instilled such a love for Jesus in mine & my sibling's hearts. My daddy got to baptize all five of us because we saw & now how important it is to love our heavenly Father just like would would love our own dad.

After having lived on my own for the past year and a half, there really is "no place like home." My home has defined me. After years of watching my dad work I have the farm girl mentality, & years of seeing my mother's southern hospitality up north, I've got the makings to be a southern belle. I've learned so many lessons & been shown so much grace throughout my life, but no matter what, at the end of that day, my parents were always there for me, ready to love, forgive, & teach.





Thirteen years ago, our family as made complete with little Thaddeaus added to the mix, now I couldn't ask to have been raised in a better home. So, Happy 24th Anniversary, Mom & Dad! I love you very much! Thank you for everything you do & continue to do to keep our family strong & focused!

Peace & love.
Boo boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment