Tuesday, May 20, 2014

{Beautiful Soul}

My life has been so incredibly crazy this past year. I've grown & learned so much in just a mere 12 months. It's amazing all the lessons you can learn & all the journeys you can take, & all the mistakes you could make in a blink of an eye. The people you meet today may be your best friends tomorrow, & your best friends might forget you. Life goes on. Being content with what you have in the present is what is important.

When you become an independent individual, you come to realize how much relationships an effect you. I left my first year of school thinking I had a solid group of friends, but somehow, things didn't turn out that way in the fall, was I upset? Yes, but it gave me time to rely on what I had. I had my God, & my mom, well & the rest of my family. That's all a girl needs! I cried about as many times as I prayed, & then called my mom.

My mom has been such a rock in my life this past year. Driving out specifically to visit me or talk with me in person. Greeting me at home with a hug & a kiss on the cheek. I know Mother's Day was a little bit ago, but I think our mother's should be honored more than once a year. My mom is a rockstar.

A lesson I learned from her is to sacrifice your wants for other's needs. Sometimes you have to give more than you take. It's okay to laugh when you don't know what else to do, but then to pray harder than you laughed. The beautiful soul that I am lucky enough to call my mom, is the strongest woman I know. The wittiest too.




I love my mom. As should everyone else.
Wishing my mother a life full of joy, happiness, love, peace, & laughter.


Peace & love.
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment